Monday, October 17, 2011

Nate Evans BeachBody Challenge Transformation!



Nathan E.
Lost 69 lbs. and 8 pants sizes.


My Stats:
Age: 32
Gender: Male
State: NC
Primary Program: P90X®
Supplement: Shakeology®
Starting Weight:  253
Current Weight:  184
Starting Pants Size: 38
Current Pants Size: 30
Current Body Fat: 8.5%

CLICK HERE to register to vote for my transformation, and help me inspire others to start living healthier!
(click Free Membership, and don't worry, there are no strings attached!)

VOTE!  Remember, you can vote twice a day.  One for a male contestant, and one for a female contestant! 
Tell us about your life before you started the program. How did you feel about yourself and your body? I went from 18 years old, 180 lbs. and in shape to 30 years old, 253 lbs. and fat and tired. I was working at a desk job, got married, had kids, and just plain got lazy. That led to a knee injury and surgery, along with what I considered good excuses for not "pushing" myself. I had terrible self esteem. At the time I was living outside of Myrtle Beach, SC, about a 5 minute walk from the beach. I spent my last two "fat summers" without even taking my shirt off, because I was that embarrassed about what I had become.

What inspired you to change your life and begin your transformation journey? I have two young boys. They would come up and lay their heads on my stomach and say, "I love the big daddy pillow." I wanted to be a good role model for them, and knew that I wasn't, and if things didn't change, I probably wouldn't be there for them when they were older. I knew the choice that was right, and committed myself to do the hard work so I could succeed. For them and for me.

Why did you choose the particular program? I had heard a lot about P90X from the many hours of sitting on my butt on the couch, and watching the infomercials on Sundays. I am a person of extremes, and P90X was definitely that for me right then.

What in particular did you like about the program you chose? The best thing about P90X was that all I had to do was what they told me to! The meal plan was a great help in directing me and helping me create a healthy eating plan that I knew I would be able to stick to for life, and not just a "fad" diet.

Tell us about the greatest challenge you faced. How did you overcome that challenge? My biggest challenge and fear was that my knee would prevent me from getting good results, or even finishing the workout. I had used that as an excuse for so long, I didn't really know what it could handle. So I just did what Tony said, and went at a pace that I could so that I could continue the workouts. As my body got stronger, the pain and fear diminshed.

Describe the results you achieved with your Beachbody® program. What achievements are you proud of? I am blown away by the results that I got from P90X!! I went from 253 lbs. and lazy, to 184 lbs., ripped and energetic. I am proud of the weight loss, but take more pride in knowing that by being committed to the choice to get healthy, I am being a great role model for my boys. A couple weeks ago I was at my grandfather's funeral with family that I had not seen in a couple years. When I walked into the church, my dad was in the lobby, he turned and looked when I walked in, and just turned back around and started walking away. I said "Hey Dad! You can't even say hi?" He turned around and looked again with a surprised look and said that he hadn't even recognized me! That's when I realized how much of a transformation I had gone through.

How did your Team Beachbody® Coach support you on your journey? I didn't utilize my Coach during my initial workouts. But I recently met my Coach, Mike Hinton, and he is the one that showed me the business side of Beachbody. He has been a help in me becoming a Coach myself, and in showing me how to use my transformation to help motivate others to do the same.

How did Shakeology® support your transformation? What are the biggest benefits? I love the chocolate Shakeology! I make one every day for a lunch replacement. They actually taste great with just water and ice, but to add some calories I usually make mine with some frozen banana and natural peanut butter, and keep me from feeling hungry all afternoon!

What tips or tools on TeamBeachbody.com did you find most useful? What made them so instrumental? The testimonials, and before and after pics on the site were a huge motivator for me. Knowing that if I put in the work, like those people did, the results would be there.


CLICK HERE to register to vote for my transformation, and help me inspire others to start living healthier!
(click Free Membership, and don't worry, there are no strings attached!)

VOTE!  Remember, you can vote twice a day.  One for a male contestant, and one for a female contestant!

Decide.  Commit.  Succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment