Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ending The Trend of Obesity, One Family at a Time!

Everyone wishes they could be healthier or in better shape. Why is it then that obesity is such a huge problem in this country? The answer is really simple, we want everything easy and right away!
There is a growing trend, literally, in America. That trend is that obesity and inactivity are taking over our country, family by family. The only way to change that trend then, is family by family, and person by person. In April of 2010 I was part of that trend. I had two young boys that were looking up to me, and I knew that I was not showing them how to make healthy and smart choices. I made the decision to change the trend of obesity in my life that spring. I picked out an intense workout plan, set up a healthy eating plan that I knew I could actually stick with, and most importantly, put my decision into action. I made a commitment to do that 90 day workout and to stick to my healthy eating plan. I started out at 253 lbs, a size 38 pants and was out of breath during the warm-ups for my workout. I had knee surgery several years earlier and was still using that as an excuse of why I couldn't push myself. But as I continued with my decision to get healthier, my knee also continued to feel better, and I realized that my excuse didn't have a leg to stand on. (pardon my pun!) Friends and family started to see a difference before I did, and were really surprised to see the weight coming off. I saw the lbs dropping, and that was the additional motivation I needed.
At the end of the 90 days, I got on the scale and was shocked at what I had accomplished! I had lost 70 lbs in 90 days! I was down to a size 32 pants, and was happier and more confident than I had been in my life. The best part was that the decision and commitment I had made to end the trend of obesity, didn't stop at the 90 days. I continued to workout, and my healthy eating had become a healthy habit. Its been over a year since I finished that workout, and I am proud to say that I have kept every pound off, wear a size 30 pant now and have lowered my body fat to 9.1%. I have abs for the first time in my life!
The effects of that decision reached my kids, they started working out with me, doing sit-ups and push-ups, and more importantly, they saw that eating healthy was something that should be a priority. So the trend of obesity has been stopped in this family, and I am hoping that the effects of our family will help others to make the same decision, commit to it, and reap the success from it.


BeachBody.com

No comments:

Post a Comment