Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Whats Nate Eating 9-6-11

This is a new section of the Training with Nate blog that I will be doing my best to keep up with.  I have been saying that abs are made in the kitchen and that you can't out train a bad diet.  But I haven't shown how to make that happen.  So I will be posting each morning what I had for dinner the night before, to give ideas, and show that healthy eating isn't as difficult as you may think.  It becomes a habit, a great habit!  I will also be giving little tips here and there on time saving prep for making healthy meals a little bit quicker, and things like that.

That being said, here is my first "Whats Nate Eating" post. (This was from a little while ago)










4 oz Lean Filet, seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, Grilled to just past rare.  Mmmm

Baby Asparagus, seasoned with Montreal veggie seasoning, Steamed

Small Red Potatoes, boiled in salt water, then seasoned with fresh rosemary, and fresh grated Parmesan cheese, lightly salted.

(I have a "rule" of 2 white starches per week.  Just to help keep carbs down.  So you won't see potatoes and rice very often in these meals).

I will try to put nutritional information for things that I know.  But I don't have the actual numbers for this meal.  So I won't pretend and make them up.

Hope you enjoy these and I hope that they will be of some help in creating a healthier eating habit for you.  Or if nothing else, give you some ideas and starting points.  Feel free to alter change or do whatever with these meals, and if its good, let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment