Monday, January 23, 2012

Fun Hot Dog Octopus For The Kids

Kids love fun food!  Here is one that has been a big hit around here with all our boys.  The Hot Dog Octopus!

I use turkey dogs just to lower the fat and give them something at least a little bit better to eat.

Step 1 - Make a slice about 3/4 of the length of the Hot Dog.  Then roll it 90 degrees and make another slice.  That makes the first 4 legs.  Then just turn the dog and make a slice down the center of your previous cuts.








Step 2 - Your Octopus needs some eyes and a smile.  Make two small slits for eyes, and one curved cut for the smile.  They will open up when it cooks.









Step 3 - Place the Octopus' in boiling water and cook until their legs have curled up and the eyes and mouth have opened slightly.









Step 4 - Place on a bed of 'seaweed', I use fresh spinach for this.  Serve with your kids favorite thing to dip hot dogs in.  My boys love these and even eat the 'seaweed' with their octopus. haha.














Thanks for taking a look at my blog, I hope you have found some helpful tips and information here. I am more than happy to answer any of your questions, and help you out any way I can. I offer FREE online fitness and nutrition coaching as a way to help others out and to 'pay it forward'.  Click on Free Coaching to set me up as your online fitness and nutrition coach, and then send me a quick email so we can start getting you on track to meet your goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment