Friday, March 16, 2012

Creative Moments with the Kiddos!

St. Patrick's Day Fun!

For Breakfast it was Green Scrambled Eggs (Scrambled eggs with food coloring) and green pancakes. The pancakes were whole wheat, apple, oatmeal pancakes. The recipe was basically whole wheat pancake mix (you can use store bought or make your own from scratch), then I added a cut up Granny Smith Apple, 1/2 lemon zest, 2 tsp cinnamon and food coloring!  My 4 year old added some green sprinkles.  They were YUMMY!! Very filling and a really fresh taste with the lemon zest and tartness of the apple.  mmmm!

 For lunch I made the kids green whole wheat pasta with broccoli and grapes.  To make the pasta green, I just added food coloring drops to the water while it was cooking. I then cut up some steamed broccoli left over from dinner the night before and added that with a little butter, salt, and a sprinkle of cheese on top. I had Greenberry Shakeology and my 2 year old enjoyed a little bit of that too!  I mean we almost had a fight over it, because he didn't want to give it up after he tasted it.  I make it with 8 oz. of water, 1 scoop of the shakeo, squeeze in some fresh lemon juice, a couple drops of apple juice and ice. It is actually good!  Yeah it kind of surprises me as I have not exactly been a fan of the Greenberry flavor up until recently.  For snack we are having  pistachio pudding.  Yum!


My name is Nicole and I am a Beachbody Coach for those that are looking for some help keeping or getting their life back under control, by controlling their fitness and nutrition.  I am a full time mom, work full time as a coach and still manage to make healthy choices for me and my family.  It's not as difficult as you would think, but it certainly helps if you have someone to share with you the secrets and help encourage you and hold you accountable along the way.   If you would like me to be your free Beachbody coach, click on the link below to sign up and I will be contacting you soon!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment