Monday, June 18, 2012

Research Ingredients


I am all sorts of wound up today!  Not sure what it is, but it probably has something to do with leaving tomorrow for Vegas, and getting married in 2 days to the love of my life!!  I'm in an awesome mood and so full of energy, but am a little irritated with a lot of the products I have been seeing promoted by companies and people as "healthy", when in fact they are not only NOT healthy, but detrimental to your health!  What upsets and discourages me the most is that a lot of people, including friends of mine, are falling for these traps and lies and tricky sales techniques.

I have had some of the people I coach tell me that they have been trying some products from other companies, so I have decided to do my research to find out if these products are indeed good for them, and just about 99.9% of the time I have found ingredients that are DETRIMENTAL to their health, not beneficial. And then I hear about how these salespeople are selling the products, claiming them to be healthy, claiming this and that, and it makes me sick to see them using people's pain or struggles to trick them into a sale of something that isn't what it's portrayed to be!  I would go as far to say that they are flat out LIES. Proven lies at that, but yet these people still “recommend” them because it’s a way for them to make money, not change lives. They have their priorities all wrong.

Nicole and I are Beachbody Coaches, you all know that, and the reason I decided to join Beachbody was because
(1) I could HELP people the same way that I was helped! and
(2) Beachbody is a company of integrity, ethics, and that integrity flows through to their products.

When I recommend a Beachbody product to someone, I’m 100% confident that it will in fact IMPROVE their health! I’m not going to recommend something to them that’s going to hurt them in the long run. That’s not me, that’s not how I do things. If there is a better product out there on the market that’s NOT a Beachbody product, I will recommend that. I have done it before, and will do it again, but fortunately, Beachbody keeps improving their products to make them of the highest of quality, so I do recommend a lot of Beachbody products.

My goal is to change lives, not make money. This is something that Nicole and I are both passionate about!  If I was in this to make a quick buck, I would have quit long ago!  We have both seen the tremendous changes in our lives, and in our family that all started with the desire to get in shape.  The successes and victories didn't stop at the scale or the measuring tape though, they have spread to every area of our lives and our relationship.  When you get control of one area of your life that has been a struggle for you, it gives you an amazing feeling of accomplishment, and the confidence to tackle other areas you need or want improvement in.  I don't know about you, but when I started seeing my life changing, I couldn't help it but to share it with other people.  It didn't matter to me that I wasn't getting money from it, I was excited to be able to share what I had learned, weather it was health and nutrition tips that I learned, or motivational and encouragement that shared, I was thrilled to be able to pour myself into others so that maybe they could also benefit from what I had gone through.  That is still our passion and our goal even though it has grown into a business for us!  We are 100% committed to changing lives and helping in any way that we can! 

Now that you have a good understanding of what we are all about, time to get back on track.

Ingredients. Like I mentioned above, lately I’ve been doing a lot of research on quite a few different supplements, and the secrets lie in the ingredients. Companies don’t mind posting the ingredients because the majority of people don’t exactly know what they are, unless they do research on them, but most people don’t.

Time for an example. Now I don’t like tearing down other companies, but there is one company that bothers me the most, and it’s Body By Vi. I have not mentioned them by name until now only because I have done tons of research on their products and have found MANY, MANY ingredients that are proven to be harmful to your health.  I can't sit quietly by while people who honestly want to make a change in their lives and live healthier more fulfilling lives are lied to and mislead.  These shakes are promoted to be extremely healthy and beneficial....WRONG!  But I'm sure you want some proof, so here is what I have found in the Body By Vi shakes.

(1) MSG (Monosodium Glutamate) MSG is a chemical additive that is shown to damage nerve cells. Interestingly enough, regular consumption of MSG also can lead to weight gain and obesity because it has been shown to stimulate appetite. Hidden names of MSG include vegetable protein extract, glutamate, glutamic acid, soy protein isolates, Sodium Caseinate, vegetable protein, barley malt, corn oil, malt extract, yeast extract, textured protein, hydrolyzed oat flour, and autolyzed yeast.


(2) Soy Protein Isolate This ingredient contains chemicals that have been linked to Alzheimer’s and cancer.








(3) Sucralose This is an artificial sweetener commonly known as Splenda. Regardless of what people say about Splenda, it’s not healthy for you. It’s made by chemically altering the structure of sugar molecules by adding chlorine atoms. It’s a chlorocarbon, which is poisonous.





(4) Mono-dyglyceride Just another name for hydrogenated oil. See what I mean about tricky ingredients? I bet you didn’t know that!





(5) Soy Lecithin This comes from sludge left after crude soy oil goes through a “degumming” process, and is a waste product containing solvents and pesticides and has a consistency ranging from a gummy fluid to a plastic solid.








Those are just a few of the controversial ingredients that I found, and there are many more. The moral of the story is that whenever you’re about to try a new supplement, ALWAYS do the research on the ingredients before purchasing! That 10-15 minutes that you spend is VERY important for your health, so make sure you don’t skip that step. It’s interesting because Body By Vi claims that their shakes are better than Shakeology, and that’s so far from the truth. There’s a reason I drink Shakeology EVERY DAY and recommend it to my family and all the people that I coach! Instead of me comparing Body By Vi VS Tropical Shakeology, take some time to do the research yourself. Bring up both ingredient lists and do research on them. You will find that there is no real comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment