Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Meatless March Day #19: Raisin Nut Balls

DAY 19!

We have been talking a bit more about the difficulty of handling the expectations from others with this way of eating and that is what I may struggle with a bit. I never want anyone to feel like I don't appreciate food they have prepared for us and in my southern upbringing, that is kind of what I have been taught.  My lovely mother asked me today if we would be eating ham and pork on Sunday(Easter) or if we still "can't do that".  I told her that no and that we were choosing not to eat meat still. I am bringing lots of food to Easter dinner, so there will be lots to eat, but from the sounds of it, we may only be eating the foods we bring, and that seems so rude to me!  So anyway, that is a bit of a struggle.

I can't wait to write our 30 day review, by the way!! :)

Anyway, on Friday, day 19.  We ate leftovers for dinner!  But, I did make some Raisin Nut Balls for snacks, so here is that recipe.

Raisin Nut Balls

Raisin Walnut Larabars


3/4 cup oats
2 cups raisins
2 cups walnuts
3/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla

Pulse the oats in the food processor until ground. Add all other ingredients and blend until a batter forms. Roll into 1" balls and refrigerate.  They will firm up a little more in the fridge.

These are a favorite in our house too!!  I used to flatten them out to make bars, but really like the balls better I think.  :)  Enjoy!

Friend me on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/NicoleEvansFitness

No comments:

Post a Comment