Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cabbage, Pear & Walnut Salad with Creamy French Dressing (Vegan!)

vegan raw salad

I was skeptical! In the past I have been known to not like things that crunch or are raw or include onions or ... well you get the idea! You guys all know I was a super picky eater, but this was one that I had not overcome yet, but we started doing Raw Wednesdays around our house and so of course I had to try some more new stuff.  This one was a hit!! In fact, Nate's comment was "I think we could actually go 80% raw foods!"  I of course told him I wasn't quite ready for that, but either way we have this one often now on Wednesdays. :)

In a large bowl, combine:
1 Cabbage, thinly sliced & shredded ( I buy it from Trader Joe's already shredded in a bag!)
1/2 Onion, very thinly sliced
5 Celery stalks, cut very thin or chopped
2 Pears, ripe and thinly sliced

In a smaller bowl, combine:
1/2 c. Raw walnuts, chopped
1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast
1 tsp Onion powder
dash of salt & pepper
Add this bowl to the large bowl and mix.

For the dressing, in a mini blender, combine:
1/2 c. EVOO
1/3 c. Apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp Tarragon (or substitute 1 pinch cinnamon, 1 pinch parsley)
1/4 tsp Mustard powder
2 tsp Onion powder
1/2 tsp Paprika
sea salt to taste
1/4 tsp Lemon pepper
2 tsp Maple syrup
1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast

Mix it all together and ENJOY!

Don't forget to LIKE our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/NateAndNicoleFitness


No comments:

Post a Comment