6 c. of rolled oats
1 c. almond meal
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 c. unsweetened coconut
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 c. coconut palm sugar or other unrefined sugar (I think it would also be good to do molasses, but haven't tried it yet).
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. maple syrup
- Grind oats in food processor.
- Add ground oats and all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Whisk together applesauce and maple syrup.
- Mix all together well. It will be sticky.
- Spoon onto lined baking pans and flatten out until smooth. May need to wet spatula to keep from sticking. I use 2 large pans for this. It should be 1/4"-1/2" thick.
- Bake at 350 for 25-35 minutes. Check every few minutes after 25 to be sure it isn't burning, but you want it to cook long enough to get a good crunch. It crunches up more after it cools.
- Cool completely and cut into squares with pizza cutter or just break into small pieces.
- It is wonderful with almond milk and banana. :)