Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fresh Basil and Almond Pesto!

I love pesto, but its expensive.  But a basil plant is only $ 1.70, and grows like crazy.  Plus there are no preservatives and additives in fresh foods that you make yourself.  And the flavor is RIDICULOUS!

Here is what I put in the mini food processor, took about 5 mins to make, and tasted incredible! 
  2 cups Fresh Basil (compressed for measurement)
  3 Garlic cloves
  small handful of almonds
  1/4 Parmesan cheese 
  1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil










Mix in the food processor till its the consistency you like, I like mine a little bit more "rough".  And you are done!










I use the pesto to marinate on chicken (as seen on yesterdays post), in whole wheat egg noodles, and my favorite, on hot sandwiches! 

Place in a sealed container in the fridge, it will keep for a little while, but I think I will have to start canning some for throughout the winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment