Monday, January 7, 2013

Recipes

Fluffy Vegan Whole Wheat Biscuits

Healthy Cracklin' Oat Bran Cereal Recipe - Nate's favorite!

Cabbage, Pear & Walnut Salad with Creamy French Dressing (Vegan!)

Sun-Dried Tomato, Sweet Potato, Kale and White Bean Soup

Vanilla Almond Granola Cereal

Meatless March is over! What did we think and where are the rest of the recipes?!

Meatless March Day #1:  Crock Pot Minestrone 

Meatless March Day #2:  Broccoli Stir-Fry 

Meatless March Day #3:  Dinner on the Go...! 

Meatless March Day #4:  Sweet Potato 3 Bean Chili 

Meatless March Day #5:  Peanut Noodle Stir Fry

Meatless March Day #6: Spaghetti with Quinoa and Mushroom Balls 

Meatless March Day #7: Cauliflower Chili 

Meatless March Day #8: Creamy Cauliflower and Tomatoes 

Meatless March Day #9:  It wasn't worth posting the recipe...didn't turn out so good...sorry

Meatless March Day #10:  Massaged Kale Salad - my favorite salad! 

Meatless March Day#9 & 10: Conquering Snacks! 

Meatless March Day #11: Vegan Spinach Balls with Pesto Sauce

Meatless March Day #12: Shamrock Pizza 

Meatless Mach Day #13: French Toast-No eggs!! Yay!!

Meatless March Day #13: Mexicali Burritos

Meatless March Day #14: Pomegranate-Glazed Portabello Steaks

Meatless March Day #15: Easy, Healthy Spaghetti

Meatless March Day #16:  Broccoli, Macaroni & Cashew Cheese Bake

Meatless March Day #17:  Minestrone & Energy Bars

Meatless March Day #18:  Black Bean Veggie Burgers 

Meatless March Day #19:  Raisin Nut Balls

Meatless March Day #20:  Taco Salad



Homemade Clif Bars!  These are a great snack!  And really easy too. Compare the ingredient list here with the one on the actual clif bar pack.  Pretty sure there is a list there a bit longer than 5 items! 







Turkey Chili - Warm, Healthy, Easy, & Delicious
This has become on of my favorites for winter and I had never eaten chili in my life...remember I am formally a VERY picky eater! Seriously, it is super easy too!





Spinach, Mushroom, & Feta Crustless Quiche
Okay, so this dish was great! I put it together in about 20 minutes, while the kids were resting and set the alarm on my phone, so that at 5:00 I would remember to throw it in the oven. It turned out SO yummy and the kids ate it too!!! My once very picky 4 year old, ate a whole piece and it is full of mushrooms and spinach! YAY! He is finally understanding the importance of eating his fruits and veggies to stay healthy!



Kale Chips: Fuel Your Body!!!
These are a super healthy snack and great substitute for popcorn during a movie!!









Grilled Eggplant with Tomato and Feta 
I was looking for something new to try on our New Recipe Tuesday and this is what I landed on! I initially thought no way that is going to fill Nate and I up, I mean it is just vegetables!  But I am hear to tell you it did! and YUMMY!!


On Top of Spaghetti...
So, yeah we sing..."On top of spaghetti, all covered in cheese, I lost my poor meatball, when somebody SNEEZED!" every time we eat spaghetti! The kids love it!  We highly recommend making dinner time as fun as possible! This is a recipe I really like to cook because it is SO good and really healthy and filling and best of all...everyone loves to eat it! Vegetarian Spaghetti and Meatless balls!



 Reese Balls! YUMMY! EASY! HEALTHY!
 So, my husband has declared this, "the most incredible food he has ever eaten!" Score!! I mean these are down right delicious and filling and a healthy snack! What?! Oh and did I say EASY!!!
I mean they are really good! Watch out and remember everything in moderation. I wrap them with plastic wrap individually, so they get eaten that way, not the whole plate at one time!


Plan Ahead Whole Wheat Pancakes
Had the boys help me make up a bunch of pancakes to freeze for quick healthy, hot breakfasts during the week.  With school starting soon, we will not have as much time in the mornings and I figured anything to save time and dirty dishes in the mornings!!  We did some chocolate chip, blueberry and plain. They all turned out SO fluffy! I love this recipe!  The boys enjoyed helping too!



Carrot Cake Muffins 
My sister-in-law, who does not concern herself with eating healthy, turned up her nose and said, "doesn't that take all the fun out of it?"  I said, "Try it and let me know if you think it does."  The rest of the night they spent asking for seconds and raving about how it was THE best carrot cake they had ever eaten!! "Better than Grandmas" my oldest brother whispered.



Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Square
OH MY! These are yummy! Great fast breakfast or snack! I usually double the recipe.






Yummy Bran Muffins
These are wonderful Muffins that we make often for afternoon or morning snacks! They are great for breakfast or desert too! We all love them!!  AND they are healthy and cheap!!

No-Bake Cookies




No-Bake Cookies
Wonderful combination of Shakeology, oatmeal, nut butter, and honey! Just don't overdo it on these! One is a good snack amount for the average person.





Chicken and Pear Salad
Your mouth may start watering just thinking about the delicious combo of light chicken breast and fresh pear. This filling salad combines all the food groups and even has a healthy dollop of fiber. Read More...





Healthy Pizza Casserole
In a quest to find things that are easy, quick and taste great that the whole family will love, we have taken the VERY popular Pizza Casserole recipe, and made it a meal that our family of 6 devoured, and it was even healthy! Here are the nutrition stats per serving. (10 servings per recipe) Just as a gauge, there is more fat in one serving of regular peperoni than in an entire serving of this awesome casserole!! Oh, yeah, added it all up, and it comes out to be $1.33 per serving! Take that to the dollar menu! Read More...

Whole Wheat Cranberry Scones
This delicious version takes the U.K.'s classic baked treat to healthy heights. Enjoy with tea after a light meal, or on its own as an afternoon snack. Read More...

Réveillon Salad

Hearty and healthy greens! The bitterness and sweetness are perfectly combined. Read More...









The Perfect Salad Dressing
A delicious and nutritious salad dressing that's full of good fat, low in salt, and simple to make. Once you try it, you won't want to use anything else. It's that good! Every time I serve a salad with this dressing, people ask what I've used and make sure to write it down. Experiment with proportions and don't be afraid to use a fair amount of lemon and olive oil. Enjoy! Read More...



Curried Chicken with Couscous
Combine the water, 1/2 cup coconut milk, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in medium saucepan. Bring to boil and gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove cover and fluff with fork. Read More...










Tofu and Veggie Stir-fry over Quinoa
I realized I was getting in sort of a rut of eating. Not a bad rut, just got in the routine of cooking similar meals. So I decided to do what I do in business when things get stagnant, I stepped out of my comfort zone and tried something completely new! And sure am glad I did! My mom gave me a bag of Quinoa a little while ago and said you should try this, and experiment with it, so I looked up a recipe for it, and then as always, altered it a little bit. I also used Tofu instead of meat for the first time in my cooking, it was really really good! Anyhow, here is the recipe! Read More..

2 comments:

  1. I saw your Turkey burger recipes on Pinterest and joined to get that recipe and now I don't see it?
    Please let me know where it is.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is included in our ebook. Just add your name and email in the form on the left side of this page and we will email it right out. Thanks!

      Delete